11.25.2013

364 days ago

One year ago today was my last day on BR after almost 13 weeks. It was the last day as a family of three. It was the last day Big K was an only child. I unpacked and repacked mine and Little K's hospital bag 3 times, had C check the car seat probably more, made sure everything we needed for the hospital was together and by the door. I watched C put everything in the truck one by one. I made sure Big K's clothes were together for school the next morning and that her big sister shirt was ready to go after my mom and brother picked her up from school to come see her baby sister. My emotions were all over the place, much like they are today. (I've cried at least 3 times already today.) While BR sucked, I'd be willing to do it again. I don't know if it's because I know so many people who are pregnant or just had a baby or if it's the fact that I've always wanted 3 babies, but my heart is heavy, like there is a hole. Little K has blessed us beyond measure. We've had our challenges- weight issues at the beginning and now developmental delays, but she's my baby, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I can't believe it's already been a year! 

No comments: