She's here!

Our baby girl, Kyndall Elaine, was born December 30, 2008 at 2:13PM. She weighed 4lbs 14 oz and measured in at 17 inches.

We tried natural labor, but she didn't handle it well, so when the doctor came by at lunch, she decided that a C-Section was the way to go for Kyndall's health.

We are having to feed every 3 hours a mixture of breast feeding and formula to keep her weight up.

We have been told, we could be going home sometime Friday.


Hospital bed rest

Well...Christmas Eve morning, we went to the hospital because I thought I was having contractions and my head would randomly start shaking...I knew it was doing it, but I could not control it or make it stop...They sent us home about an hour later.

Yesterday, I went for my 2nd appt. of the week, and the doc took 2 looks at my blood pressure and sent us back to the hospital. The on call doc for my office decided to keep us here...probably until we deliver.

Our goal is 37 weeks, and then they will consider either inducing or taking her. My doctor will be back at work on Monday and will probably make a final decision then.

I'll keep you posted...can't go anywhere any ways...


Doctor appt. and hospital visit

Well today was an interesting one...

It started out fine. My mom and I went for my growth scan. We went, got in pretty fast. Kyndall was more active then she was on Friday, and we got a good review. She is around the 5lb mark, which the doc said later is where she should be for where we are. We also got a couple of more side pictures of her face.

After the sono, we came home b/c my doctor's appt wasn't for a couple of more hours. We worked on the nursery some and got a few things more organized. We didn't get it all done cause we had to leave, and that is the room my parents are staying in while they are here for Christmas- meaning we have all of their stuff in the room too.

We went back to the doctor's office thinking it was going to be just a normal appt. Well, of course we can't have that, now can we? They had to check my blood pressure twice, both of which were high. Kyndall's heart rate was good. Today they had to keep checking my urine- they kept finding more protein than they wanted to. She also checked me, and we are at 1cm, which is 1cm more than we were on last week. Therefore, between high blood pressure, headaches due the blood pressure, and protein, and being dilated, the doctor told me she was sending me to this hospital for further testing. She wanted multiable blood pressure checks and more blood and urine work to be done. She told me to keep my appt. on Friday, but not to make one for next week until Friday based on the fact that she is giving me a 50/50 chance of making it even to Friday.

We get to the hospital, and apparently every pregnant woman in Longview was there. The lady that checked in before me was going to L&D, the lady that checked in beside me was going up there too, and then me. The lady who took me and the one that was with me up there told us they were out of rooms and we had to wait in chairs until they could get a room open.

Of course Chad was in Tyler and "flew" to Longview after I called and told him we were going to the hospital. At the hospital, they drew blood and all that fun stuff they do there. I was on the monitor, and for once, Kyndall stayed on the monitor the WHOLE time! We also noticed that I was having contractions, only like 2 of which I actually felt. We only knew I has having them because they were showing up on the screen. The on call doc looked at my lab results and said I was free to go, but to call or return to the hospital if things got worse. I am also having to check my blood pressure here at home every 2 hours or so.

We are good for now, but who knows what will happen tomorrow...Hopefully I won't see another doctor until I go back on Friday, and even then hope I can make it until next week when MY doctor is the one who can see me.

Prayers please!

I'll keep you posted!


Uh-Oh! Not a good report!

well, i went back to the doctor today for lab work, blood pressure check, and a non stress stress test on the baby.

my blood pressure was a little better than it was Tuesday, but still not a low as they would like. Kyndall's heart beat was good, but she was not responding like they wanted her to so we had to do a sono to check her vitals. she passed her "physical" which is good.

this has turned into delivering early for kyndall and my safety and health rather than taking her early so that we can take the stint out earlier...

we have also moved from once every week to 2 times a week...i go on Monday for a growth scan of the baby and doctor's appt, and then we go back Friday for our 2nd doctor's appt of the week. however the twist is, my normal doc is out all week next week...so I'm seeing 2 doctors that neither of which are mine...that will be the interesting part...

well, i guess i will post more on Monday...


Bed rest

Well, we thought today's appt. was going to go as normal and as well as the past ones...We were wrong.

Yes, I was going to put myself on voluntary bed rest so that I could control my pain better, but the baby and doctor had a different plan.

Kyndall is fine. Good strong heartbeat, head down, I'm still closed and hard, but my blood pressure is now high. We had it checked 5 times by 3 different people.

I am now on strict mandatory bed rest, on my back in bed or on the couch. No Shreveport for Christmas.

I go back on Friday for lab work and another blood pressure check.


No more standing...

Well, I went to the doctor today.

Kyndall is fine, her heart beat was strong, and shes head down.

Chad got to feel her with the hiccups the other morning and was really excited about that because normally she stops moving as soon as he touches my belly.

As for the bed rest- its not really bed rest, but starting Saturday, I am no longer allowed to stand for more than 30 min at a time-which means, my hours at work will be cut. Dr. H is doing that due to the fact that I am having kidney complications and my job requires me to stand for 6 1/2 to 7 hours a day. Both of those are factors in pre-term labor-which we all know, we don't want to have happen. She was going to have me stop working completely after the baby is born, but because of financial reasons she said that I would need to stop working until around 36/37 weeks because once we got that far, we were in a good comfortable safe zone if I were to go into labor. However, because I can work in gas station and sit the whole shift, she is allowing me to work as long as I don't stand for more than 30 min.

We were also not supposed to start going every week for another 3 weeks, but because of the kidney complications, we are starting every week now. Which means, I have another appt. next week going until Kyndall comes to meet us.