Doctor appt. and hospital visit

Well today was an interesting one...

It started out fine. My mom and I went for my growth scan. We went, got in pretty fast. Kyndall was more active then she was on Friday, and we got a good review. She is around the 5lb mark, which the doc said later is where she should be for where we are. We also got a couple of more side pictures of her face.

After the sono, we came home b/c my doctor's appt wasn't for a couple of more hours. We worked on the nursery some and got a few things more organized. We didn't get it all done cause we had to leave, and that is the room my parents are staying in while they are here for Christmas- meaning we have all of their stuff in the room too.

We went back to the doctor's office thinking it was going to be just a normal appt. Well, of course we can't have that, now can we? They had to check my blood pressure twice, both of which were high. Kyndall's heart rate was good. Today they had to keep checking my urine- they kept finding more protein than they wanted to. She also checked me, and we are at 1cm, which is 1cm more than we were on last week. Therefore, between high blood pressure, headaches due the blood pressure, and protein, and being dilated, the doctor told me she was sending me to this hospital for further testing. She wanted multiable blood pressure checks and more blood and urine work to be done. She told me to keep my appt. on Friday, but not to make one for next week until Friday based on the fact that she is giving me a 50/50 chance of making it even to Friday.

We get to the hospital, and apparently every pregnant woman in Longview was there. The lady that checked in before me was going to L&D, the lady that checked in beside me was going up there too, and then me. The lady who took me and the one that was with me up there told us they were out of rooms and we had to wait in chairs until they could get a room open.

Of course Chad was in Tyler and "flew" to Longview after I called and told him we were going to the hospital. At the hospital, they drew blood and all that fun stuff they do there. I was on the monitor, and for once, Kyndall stayed on the monitor the WHOLE time! We also noticed that I was having contractions, only like 2 of which I actually felt. We only knew I has having them because they were showing up on the screen. The on call doc looked at my lab results and said I was free to go, but to call or return to the hospital if things got worse. I am also having to check my blood pressure here at home every 2 hours or so.

We are good for now, but who knows what will happen tomorrow...Hopefully I won't see another doctor until I go back on Friday, and even then hope I can make it until next week when MY doctor is the one who can see me.

Prayers please!

I'll keep you posted!

No comments: