12.11.2012

Christmas Traditions

Do you have any Christmas traditions? Ones you like? Ones you don't?

Growing up C and I both had our own traditions, but now that we're married and have kiddos, we're trying to figure out what our new traditions will be.

One that we started accidentally back in 2007, is IHOP on Christmas Day. The first year we ate there was because we were home alone and didn't want to cook, and it was the only place we found that was open. The next year, I was on bed rest with Big K and couldn't do anywhere, and C's grandma gave us a gift card to IHOP so C went and picked it up, and we ate it at home. So since we did it twice, I decided we'd keep doing it every year. Now, with C's work schedule, every 3rd year, it'll be Christmas Eve.

Another one, is Santa. Santa comes twice at our house. Not sure how we got so lucky, but we did. Guess we're super extra nice? We wake up to Santa on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Christmas Eve, we do Santa, and then eat cinnamon rolls. After breakfast, we open gifts. Then we load up and head to (my) grandma's house.

One tradition that C and I started when we got married was to do Christmas Day as just our family. We do Santa again, and then do gifts to each other and the girls. Then sometime during the day, we head to IHOP.

Last year, we went to the Christmas Eve service at church, but I'm not sure if we'll make it this year.


Our newest tradition is Elf on a Shelf. Big K named her Rosie. You can see some of Rosie's adventures here.

Photos courtesy: Lantz Photography

7 comments:

katie ridings said...

I love the damask basket!! That is so cute.

Tami said...

First, gorgeous photos of the girls.
Second, I love your traditions and I am jealous you get to see Santa twice! =)

Life Happens said...

What fun traditions! You have a beautiful family.

Laura said...

Found you o. The blog hop! I love starting new traditions with our little family too. Funny story, hubby and I actually had our first date at IHOP, haha!

Www.keepingupwiththekellehers.blogspot.com

Gwen said...

cute kiddos!

I'm a new follower from Thumping Thursday bloghop.
Have a good weekend!

xo,
Gwen
http://junior-executive.blogspot.com

Oh So Amelia said...

I hope to have many traditions over the year. This is my daughters first this year :)
Lovely photos!
Thank you for stopping by and linking up at the Friday Chaos this week.
Have a nice weekend

Kerry
www.ohsoamelia.com

Diana Chastain said...

I'm so excited to start our own family Christmas traditions.

Thanks for hopping by and sharing at ThumpingThursdays. :)

http://mrsdchastain.blogspot.com