12.25.2009

December 25, 2008

One year ago today, December 25, 2008, was my last day of "freedom." I had been diagnosed with Pre-E just 11 days before-Dec. 16, and put on mandatory, strict bed rest.

The week of Christmas was an eventful one, to say the least. On Dec. 22, I went in for a growth scan, and Kyndall was measuring small, but she had been the whole pregnancy. Later that morning, I went to the OB for my first appointment of the week and my protein levels were much higher than she would have liked so she sent me to the hospital, giving me a small chance of making it to Friday without a baby. After spending 12 hours in the hospital under observation, I was sent home with orders to monitor my BP every 2 hours and return to the hospital if my BP was 140/90 for 3 checks in a row[thank goodness that didn't happen!]

Christmas Eve morning, I thought I was having contractions and uncontrollable head shaking. So off to the hospital we went at 4 in the morning. They determined that I was just having Braxton Hicks, and I was not seizing, but gave me some meds to help with the BP levels, and we were home later that same morning.

Friday, Dec. 26, I went in for my second OB appt. that week, just have my BP checked twice and told to go straight to the hospital. After 8 hours of monitoring, the on-call OB(who had sent me on that Monday) decided it was going to be best to admit me for hospital bed rest so they could monitor me better, and I would be in the best place possible if anything were to happen.

Here, I am, one year later with a healthy baby girl who will be one on Dec. 30, and I could not be more thankful/ grateful/ blessed. It was a scary time, but I wouldn't trade it one bit because of the end result.


No comments: