12.10.2009

True Meaning of Christmas

So these days, people are thinking a lot about Christmas and what it really means...

Well, I guess the answer to that question is depend on who you ask. A child will probably say something like, toys and Santa. Some adults will say something along the lines of, its a commercial holiday where I have spend all my hard earned money on stuff for other people. If you as Santa on Dora's Christmas Carol Adventure, he will tell you its not swiping your friends toys and sharing*.

I think out of all of those answers, Santa has the best answer. It may not be the TRUE meaning of CHRISTmas, but its closer than the other two.

Just in case you're wondering how I answer that question...That's easy. Christmas isn't about toys, Santa, and spending your hard earned money on stuff- even those things are nice; Christmas is about God sending His Son, Jesus, to earth.

He wasn't born in a fancy inn or in a palace or in a castle, but in a stable, maybe something like this. He was born is cows and sheep and horses and other animals all around Him. What is so glorious about that? Nothing. Now, this is just my opinion, you can think what you want, but I think God planned His Son being born in a lowly stable to symbolize that Jesus is for all people, not just the rich.

Remember the reason for the season! Merry CHRISTmas!!

*We have been watching Dora the past few afternoons at work. That's why I used that example.


(This is what our nativity looks like)

No comments: