12.15.2009

What a Difference a Year Makes

WOW! Its been a crazy year! Last year at this time is when things started going crazy with my pregnancy.

December 15, 2008 was my last day of freedom until Kyndall was born. Granted I did not do alot that day other than maybe a little more decorating and some cleaning around the house. I do remember that the day before my brother and I did all our Christmas shopping in under 30 minutes because my doctor had taken me off my feet for more than 30 minutest at a time by then, thus the reason I was not working. I couldn't check because that would have meant I would have been on my feet for about 7 hours. I was working in the gas station where I could sit for the majority of the shift.

However, on December 16, my brother and Chad went with me to my doctors appointment. We went with the expectation that everything was going to go as normal. Boy were we wrong! After having my blood pressure checked 5 times, yes you read that right, 5 times, my doctor stated that I was now on strict mandatory bed rest starting immediately. Well, I was supposed to work the gas station that afternoon, but that didn't happen! She gave us a note which Chad took to my boss.

Once we got home, I was confined to the bed or the couch. Only allowed to get up to go to the bathroom and a very quick shower every other day or so. Needless to say, I did a lot of sleeping, TV watching, and Sims 2 playing. In fact, I mastered all the jobs, acquired all the friends, and mastered all the skill points. I was BORED!

I had to lay on the couch while we did Christmas with Chad's mom's family. We had to miss Christmas with his dad's family, and we didn't get to go to Shreveport for Christmas with my family like we had planned. However, this year, we are going to Shreveport, and I am super excited!!

After being put on bed rest and spending a couple of weeks of that at home, I was admitted to the hospital for the remainder of my pregnancy. I thought I was bored at home...I didn't think that being more bored was possible, but it was. Thanks to a couple of good friends who came to see me, word puzzle books, my computer, and Gilmore Girl DVDs, I made it through living in a 10x10 room staying in bed for 3 days and 4 nights.

On December 30th, we experienced the biggest blessing and miracle possible. The birth of our healthy, tiny, little girl, Kyndall Elaine. Our lives have not been then same since. In fact, it has been so much better.

I do believe that this year, despite its ups and downs along the way, has been the best one yet. I hope there are many more to come!

We will celebrate Kyndall's first birthday on December 30th with my parents and my brother. We are having her party on January 2nd, and I am excited about that.

But its amazing what a difference a year can make!

No comments: