10.09.2012

Bed Rest with a 3 year old

I have had several people ask how Big K is handleing momma being on bed rest so I figured I'd tell yall.

The first two weeks were the hardest. I was put on bed rest and taken off work on a Wednesday. Big K had gone to school that morning and depening on how the appointment went would determine how long she stayed that day since I didn't have to be at work until 12. (Some background: I work at the same school Big K goes to.) Pretty much everyone knew what happened at the doctor when we picked her up from school before 11...

Because of the prior arrangements we had made if bed rest became a reality, she wasn't going to go back to school until the following Tuesday. That was 5 1/2 days at home. During that time, C worked 3 days. There were several tears, fits, and bits of confusion on her part during this time.

Once she was able to go back to school, things got a little better. She goes 2 1/2 days a week, and those are the "active" days. One day she does gymnastics at school, then music and chapel, and then works on gross motor skills. We have also signed her up for gymnastics one day a week. She also has Awanas on Wednesday nights at church.

My mom was gracious enough to move in with us during this time because I can go from modified bed rest to strict bed rest at any given time. My mom has been a big help in keeping Big K entertained. She tries to take her places through out the week on days that C is at work or when she doesn't have school.

So there you have it. Our bed rest experience with a 3 year old.

No comments: