I know, look at me! 2 posts in one day you ask. Well, I got the Liebster Award from the Disney Girl.
~Each person (recipient) must post 11 things about themselves.
~Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
~Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
~Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to post. Go to their page & tell them.
~No tag backs.
So, here are 11 things about me:
1. I've got a little brother. We don't always get along [I mean, don't all siblings have their little fights], but life wouldn't be the same without him. He absolutely adores his niece, and will probably feel the same for his next.
2. I have been to 4 different countries, and 2 other continents. Nigeria, Africa. Matamoras, Mexico. Toronto, Canada. Caracas, Venezuela. All but the African trip were for mission trips.
3. I spent a week, all 4 summers in high school, doing construction- painting, roofing, putting up siding, and some dry wall.
4. I have never broken a bone.
5. But I have had 5 surgeries, with another coming up soon. Wisdom teeth removed, knee surgery, c-section, lithotripsy, and hernia repair. My impending one is another c-section.
6. I married my best friend.
7. I have one daughter, and another on the way. I don't remember what we did before her, but I wouldn't change a thing.
8. I watch more [college] football than my husband. I also get upset when all the good games are at halftime at the same time because then I have to find something else to watch.
9. I absolutely despise the color red. However, I really think that Little K will come out with a head full of red hair, and will be slightly disappointed if she doesn't.
10. I have been to Disney World more times than I have Six Flags. Six Flags is about 14 hours closer.
11. I am living in the same house that I was brought home from the hospital to. My permanent address has only been different for 1 year.
Now, the questions asked by the Disney Girl:
1. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas. I know very typical answer. Actually, I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love the music, the smells, the decorations, getting to see family, the traditions, seeing the look on Big K's face when she sees what Santa brought. However, I hate the stress of trying to figure out what to get everyone and trying to figure out how to budget for everything.
Why do you blog? To keep a journal of my life. Milestones of my kids, milestones of my marriage. An online memory book.
What is one thing you would like someone to know about you? I have no idea. I live a pretty boring life- hence the really boring 11 things about me.
If you could vacation anywhere in the world where would you go? I'd love to take a European tour- Ireland, Scotland, Germany, Italy, France, London.
If you won the lottery, how would you spend your winnings? Pay off bills, get a new car, donate to the March of Dimes, put away for the girls college, and give to my church.
Is there any one thing in your life that you would like to do over? My major in school. While I LOVED my Sociology classes, you can't do much with a BA in Sociology without extra schooling...
What accomplishment are you the most proud of? My kids...again, boring life.
How would you spend a rainy day? Normally at home, in my PJs, on the computer and playing with Big K.
What is your favorite television show of ALL time? Probably Grey's Anatomy.
How would you spend your "perfect" day? With family. No budget and shopping, with no complaints from C.
Have you been to Disneyland? If so, what is your favorite attraction? No, not Disneyland, but we went to Disney World this summer.
Now the 11 questions:
1. What's your favorite outfit?
2. Did you/do you play a sport?
3. If you could go anywhere, where would you go and why?
4. Favorite flower?
5. Would you rather be blind or deaf, and why?
6. How many children do you have/want to have?
7. What atypical food do you have on your table at Thanksgiving?
8. What Christmas tradition do you look forward to most?
9. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be, and why?
10. Are you an extreme couponer?
11. What unusual talent do you have?
My 11 recipients:
1. The Bryant Family
2. My Joy Filled Life
3. Mrs. Mama
4. Five Times the Fun
5. The Hoppers
6. Leave the Laundry for Later
7. Adventures of a Semper Fi Family
8. The Whitt's World
9. Dreaming of the Country
10. Adventures of the Triple B's
11. Miss Jo and Co.