11.29.2012

She's Here!

Sunday, November 25, was the last day as a family of 3. I did not get a lot of sleep that night. I remember looking at the clock at one point and tried to figure out how it was only 1:30AM. The alarm was set to go off 3 hours later, and I was just ready for it to get here. We had to be at the hospital at 6 the morning of the 26th. The day that Little K was going to be born. We were set for surgery at 7:30.

We get there, get to our room, and get ready to go. IV was started, anaesthesiologist came in and went over my spinal, the nurse came in so I could sign my life away, and then they brought us our lovely hair nets and C's mask. At just after 7:30, I was wheeled into the OR with a in room time of 7:37. Got the spinal in place, C was brought in, and we had a start time of 7:42, though it seemed a lot longer between getting in the room and them starting. At just about 8, C was told to get the camera ready because we were close. At 8:06, she came out screaming- best sound in the world. We were told cord was wrapped around once.


Big K had gone to school that morning. Gma and Uncle M went and picked her up just before lunch. As soon as Big K walked in the room, she didn't even say him to C or I, just got a huge smile on her face and walked right over to see sister. 


Big K's first request. To hold sister. We went over the rules and got her settled on the couch and handed Little K over. 


Big K is so in love with Little K. I sure hope this excitement stays!


C with his girls.


First picture as a family of 4.


We were discharged and ready to go home on the 28th. 



So far, we've been home one night, and it really wasn't so bad. I don't think Big K heard Little K during the night as we didn't see her until about 6:45 this morning. Big K was over the moon excited to show Little K off at school this morning to her friends.

17 comments:

Pride In Photos Beauty said...

Well I am glad you found me. You will find I blog about our little grandson alot...hope you enjoy it, since you have two precious ones of your own!! Congrats on the new little one...how adorable is she?
Laurie @ Pride in photos

vicky said...

Congratulations! I wish her health and happiness! For both of your children!

Unknown said...

congratulations mama!
She is beautiful!

Carole said...

Congratulations to all!

sonya said...

Big Congrats! what a sweetie!!

katie ridings said...

Congrats!! I love her little outfit :)

Tami said...

Congratulations to you!! I love little babies. Something about it warms my heart. I'm stopping by from PMc's blog. I had to check you out just because I thought your Blog title was adorable!! :-)

www.prettypurplexing.com

Sarah said...

Hi Kim! Congrats on Little K! She is adorable and her big sister looks so proud!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful =)

WhatJeanLikes said...

Congratulations!! She's perfect!

I found you through a blog hop, glad I did! I look forward to reading your posts and am now following you! Come on by the Aloha Friday Blog hop and link up with us too!! It's easy and you could end up being next week's featured blogger!! Come on by and link up if you please!! It's a great way to get more followers and we'd love to have you at the Aloha Friday Blog Hop

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Big sister looks SOOO sweet holding her. What a joy!!
Fellow Follower,
Rachel
TaoOfPoop.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Congratulations, she is beautiful..I'm your newest follower from the Weekend Social hop, would love it if you could come by, say hi and follow back?
Erica
www.ericastartwalking.com

Susan @ MadebyMommainPA.Blogspot.Com said...

Congrats on the new addition!

Following from Super Sunday Sync!

Desirae R said...

Congrats on the new little one! That picture of C and the girls is priceless.

Nicole said...

she is a darling lil punkin....enjoy her and be blessed!Nicole

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, she is soooo cute! And teeny tiny!!

Congratulations!

You are truly blessed!

i cant decide said...

Congrats! What a sweet little baby!