10.25.2009

Leap of Faith

Well, after months of going round and round with my work about my schedule and it just resulting in "We'll try our best" and nothing being done, I put my 2 week notice in. November 5 will be my last day at Super 1.

Chad and I have been talking about this for about a month or so, but this week was the final straw. I am scheduled for 2 1/2 days this week, that's only 18 hours. We can't live on my only working 18-21 hours a week. My boss asked me what would have to be done for it to make it worth my while to stay, and I told him I HAD to have at least 4 seven hour days. I don't see that as a problem because some other cashiers can and always seem to get 4-5 days a week, where as others of us only get 2-3 days a week, and we have just as much availability as the others.

It wouldn't be so much of a problem if we had someone to help us out, but when my parents live 14 hours away, his dad and step-mom both work, and his mom is 4 hours away, it makes it difficult on just Chad and I. Chad's schedule is pretty set, but he doesn't get off until after the daycare is closed.

I have put my application in at a few places for some desk/clerical work, but I haven't heard back from anyone yet. Hopefully something will become available soon.

No comments: